The Matamoros Maquiladora Association, “AMMAC,” (Asociación de Maquiladoras de Matamoros A.C.) was created in 1972 by a group called, “Plant Managers of Matamoros Maquiladoras” with the following goals in mind:
- To represent the general interests of its members
- To promote growth in production, industry, and free trade
- To submit requests to local, state, and federal government offices and represents its members interests in these offices; help to defend its members interests.
For 37 years the Matamoros Maquiladora Association has been providing services and support to the maquiladora industry in Matamoros. Its members enjoy a handful of opportunities and advantages that said membership has granted them. Among those include:
- Excellent first-hand information.
- Administrative and technical consulting.
- Representation at all three levels of government.
- Responsible lobbying to solve particular problems.
- Networking with local and national businesses.
- Automatic membership in the national council of the maquiladora industry and export products (CNIMME).
- The best database for labor contracts in Mexico.
- Personnel search.
- Community leadership
During the last couple of years, AMMAC’s membership has comprised about 90 companies, all established within the Matamoros/Brownsville area. AMMAC works in close partnership with BEDC, truly committed to promoting the manufacturing industry, welcoming more companies into our region, and fostering a pro-business climate for the greater economic development of the Brownsville/Matamoros Borderplex.
For more information regarding the Matamoros Maquiladora Association, please visit their website at: http://www.ammatamoros.org/